Community Services Excellence Awards Categories
1) Community Services Excellence Award - Volunteer-Based Organisation
The Community Services Excellence Awards recognise the important role that individuals and organisations in the community sector play in making a positive difference to children, young people, families and communities through innovative and creative services.
There are eight categories of awards. Some organisation award categories have been grouped by total annual turnover (organisations are asked to provide an income and expenditure statement year ending June 2013) and service type to provide a more equitable field of nominations within each award. Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria.
Less than $60 000 and comprising predominantly of volunteers.
2) Community Services Excellence Award - Small Organisation
Sponsored by Beyond Bank
Between $60 000 and $500 000.
3) Community Services Excellence Award - Medium Organisation
Between $500 000 to $5 000 000.
4) Community Services Excellence Award - Large Organisation
Above $5 000 000.
5) Community Services Excellence Award - Regional Organisation
This award recognises a regional organisation that has made a positive difference to individuals, families or communities through its innovative and creative programs or services in regional, rural or remote areas of WA, irrespective of turnover.
6) Community Services Excellence Award - Partnerships
Sponsored by Department of Regional Development
This award recognises not-for-profit community organisations working in
partnership or improving services through strategic alliances with
* community organisations
* local government
* state government 7) Community Services Excellence Award - Outstanding Achievement in Raising Awareness of Community Services
Sponsored by Synergy
This award recognises not-for-profit community organisations who have
undertaken work to raise awareness of community issues and increase the
profile of the community services sector in WA.
Examples may include successful media and marketing including local
media stories and the development of effective promotional materials
that reach the community.
8) Community Services Excellence Award - Outstanding Commitment by an Individual
Sponsored by HESTA
This award recognises an individual who has shown outstanding commitment
and success in strengthening individuals, families or communities in
Sponsored by Water Corporation