Building the Capacity and Sustainability
of Early Years Networks (EYN) in WA
Early Years Networks (EYNs) are groups of parents, professionals and community members committed to improving outcomes for children aged zero to eight. There are currently more than 45 EYNs operating in local communities across Western Australia.
The Connecting Early Years Networks Program is a two-year pilot project developed by WACOSS and funded by Lotterywest and the Woodside Child Development Fund. Early Years Networks across Western Australia play a fundamental role in supporting young children and their families to live good lives. This program aims to support Early Years Networks to become or remain sustainable and achieve their full potential. The model aims to provide support that is realistic, practical and builds capacity.
About Connecting Early Years Networks
Support will be provided to networks who register through the Connecting Early Years Networks portal. Registration is free. Support available to EYNs includes the following:
- Assistance to engage with other early years networks to share learnings and build capacity, sustainability and partnerships.
- Learning and development opportunities that relate to topics such as:
o Clarifying the purpose and direction of the network
o Engaging parents and families in the network
o Promoting your network and connecting with community stakeholders
o Sustainability and succession planning
- Facilitating greater collaboration and information sharing using the Connecting Early Years Networks portal, webinars, forums and events.
Early Years Network Portal
The Connecting Early Years Networks Portal is a purpose built collaboration tool for early years networks throughout Western Australia.
It’s free to join and provides a collaborative space for:
- Networking and connecting online
- Posting dates of meetings, training and networking opportunities
- Engaging in information sharing and discussion on matters relating to the early years sector
- Connecting with other community members and early years service providers
To access the benefits of the portal and the Connecting Early Years Networks program register by clicking HERE.
For more information
For more information about the Connecting Early Years Networks program, contact a member of the team on email@example.com
or (08) 6279 1211