- Special Projects
- WACOSS Library
- Special Projects
- WACOSS Library
- News & Media
- WA ConnectCLOSE
WACOSS membership is made up of a vast network of individuals and organisations who are committed to our vision to create an inclusive, just and equitable society for all Western Australians.
WACOSS’s policy submissions and advocacy work are aimed at influencing policy decision makers at both a State and Federal level to provide a voice for vulnerable Western Australians.
Customised Training and Consultancy
WACOSS events provide a unique opportunity to network with sector leaders and take part in important sector discussions that will shape the future outcomes for those we represent.
WACOSS’s policy submissions and advocacy work is aimed at influencing policy decision makers at both a State and Federal level to provide a voice for vulnerable Western Australians.
Leadership Development Program
Developing leaders that are agile and skilled to implement effective change and improve performance.
WACOSS Leadership Development Program
Diploma of Leadership and Management – BSB51918
This program has been specifically developed by MODAL and WACOSS to deliver on the specific requirements of leaders in the not-for-profit sector. It is tailored for those in management and supervisory roles within the community services sector, who wish to further their managerial background with specifically tailored management qualifications
- 12 nationally accredited units
- Delivered over 10 face-to-face sessions
- Includes a workplace project
- Access to individual coaching and support throughout the program
- Working with a mentor of your choice throughout the course
- Assessments based on practical workplace assignments
- Delivered over a 12 month period
- Nationally recognised career development program
- Program has been refined over the course of 15 years
Next program starts in 2020. More information coming soon.
To be eligible for this course, leaders need to be working for an organisation in the community services sector and satisfy the following:
- Ability to complete a Diploma level course
- 4-6 hours per week availability to complete the diploma
- Must be leading work teams with direct reports or leading project teams
- Must be planning, organising and monitoring the work of others
- Must be supervising staff, including conducting performance appraisals or similar
- Must have the authority to initiate and implement changes impacting your team
- Must have the responsibility of supporting work teams and meeting organisational/business requirements
- Have an identified work mentor – learn more.
The Diploma of Leadership & Management program fees for 2019 are $6,200 + GST, based on ten (10) course participants. These fees are subject to change and may be amended, depending on the number of successful applicants. All fees will be confirmed with participants before the commence.
- You can elect to self fund this program or your organisation can fund the program.
- WACOSS members receive a discount on the program.
- Applicants may also be eligible for grant funding to assist with reimbursement of substantial course fees.
Not-For-Profit Scholarships available
WACOSS has partnered with the Australian Scholarships Foundation and the Bankwest Foundation to offer 5 scholarships to staff and boards of not-for-profit organisations in Western Australia. The scholarships form part of the Bankwest Foundation Community Leader Scholarship Program which supports NFPs in WA with professional development opportunities.
Applications have closed for 2019. Please check back soon for course options in 2020.
Eligibility criteria and information
Spend a bit of time reading through this page to ensure this program is right for you and that you are eligible. Please check you meet the eligibility criteria before applying.
A member of the WACOSS training team will be in touch to begin the program enrolment process. If you are eligible for a grant, you will be guided through the application process.
Complete application form
Complete the application form by clicking on a ‘nominate’ button and ensure both the nominee and the nominee’s line manager or supervisor read and approve of the submission.
The next WACOSS Leadership & Development program commences in July. We look forward to having you as part of the course.
Subscribe to eNews
Stay up to date with the latest news, training events and movements from WACOSS and the WA Community Services Sector.
- Phone 08 6381 5300
- Email [email protected]
- © Western Australian Council of Social Service Inc 2020