WACOSS Leadership Development Program
Diploma of Leadership and Management – BSB51918
This program has been specifically developed by MODAL and WACOSS to deliver on the specific requirements of leaders in the not-for-profit sector. It is tailored for those in management and supervisory roles within the community services sector, who wish to further their managerial background with specifically tailored management qualifications
- 12 nationally accredited units
- Delivered over 10 face-to-face sessions
- Includes a workplace project
- Access to individual coaching and support throughout the program
- Working with a mentor of your choice throughout the course
- Assessments based on practical workplace assignments
- Delivered over a 12 month period
- Nationally recognised career development program
- Program has been refined over the course of 15 years
Next program starts in July 2019 – applications closing soon.
To be eligible for this course, leaders need to be working for an organisation in the community services sector and satisfy the following:
- Ability to complete a Diploma level course
- 4-6 hours per week availability to complete the diploma
- Must be leading work teams with direct reports or leading project teams
- Must be planning, organising and monitoring the work of others
- Must be supervising staff, including conducting performance appraisals or similar
- Must have the authority to initiate and implement changes impacting your team
- Must have the responsibility of supporting work teams and meeting organisational/business requirements
- Have an identified work mentor – learn more.
The Diploma of Leadership & Management program fees for 2019 are $6,200 + GST, based on ten (10) course participants. These fees are subject to change and may be amended, depending on the number of successful applicants. All fees will be confirmed by mid April 2019.
- You can elect to self fund this program or your organisation can fund the program.
- WACOSS members receive a discount on the program.
- Applicants may also be eligible for grant funding to assist with reimbursement of substantial course fees.
Not-For-Profit Scholarships available
WACOSS has partnered with the Australian Scholarships Foundation and the Bankwest Foundation to offer 5 scholarships to staff and boards of not-for-profit organisations in Western Australia. The scholarships form part of the Bankwest Foundation Community Leader Scholarship Program which supports NFPs in WA with professional development opportunities.
Applications close 5:00pm AWST, Tuesday 30 April 2019. Click here to find out more and apply for a scholarship.